We are a group of cutting-edge scientists and engineers trying to solve very difficult problems at the interface of data science, machine learning, cloud scale analytics and medicinal chemistry. We have developed a computational platform that can predict how a potential drug will behave in the lab and the body. We use this platform to process large spaces of chemistry in a search for therapies for some of the world’s most important diseases.
A full-stack, hands-on engineering role, working with a small team of engineers and users from various backgrounds. You will be expected to wear many hats, but your concentration will be on writing solid code to support our drug design applications. This will include, but is not limited to: prototyping and designing new UIs to support the scientific process; designing, developing and maintaining multi-tier web-applications that support all aspects of the drug design process; developing new services to support 3rd party analysis tools; designing and maintaining scalable storage solutions. You will work with our internal users to develop new features, and understand and fix any issues they are seeing. We have been developing this platform for more than 10 years, so the large, complex codebase requires regular maintenance at all layers.
Our Technology Stack
Our software is used by our in-house scientists and industry and government partners. The demands on our software are very high, so we employ current best practices for development, such as continuous integration, unit and performance testing, agile/scrum methodologies and code reviews.
You are someone with a passion for coding and problem solving, with good design sensibilities, and a desire to make a real impact on the world through your work. No prior knowledge of chemistry or biology is required, but a desire to learn is.
Skills & Qualifications
- A B.S. in Computer Science or related degree
- Experience with GWT, React and Node.js
- 2-5 years building multi-tier web applications
- Understanding of data modeling and database technologies, including experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with Amazon Web Service APIs and other cloud service APIs
- Experience with RESTful API design concepts
- Experience working in an Agile/Iterative-style development group, with a consistent track record of delivering on schedule, on budget, and to specification
- Knowledge of modern best practices for professional software development, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Team player with excellent communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills who can communicate well with non-engineers
- Enjoy working in a start-up environment, where you must be a generalist and thrive on being outside your comfort zone
- Proficiency with Python
- You have contributed to an open-source project that you can show us
- You are an Amazon Web Services API power user
- High-end Mac Book Pro
- Unlimited caffeine supply
- Flexible hours
- Work-at-Home Thursdays
- Flexible paid time-off
- Weekly engucation (Engineering Education) lunch
- Friday all-hands/update lunch
- Equity participation
- Life and ADD Insurance
- 401k plan
Numerate is an equal opportunity employer and participates in eVerify.